Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Horton

The village (formerly a market town) of Horton was in Buckinghamshire, four miles from Windsor. It is on the River Colne. The soil is loam. Over half the land was arable and between one quarter and one third permanent grass. There were two fairs annually.

Further reading
'Victoria County History: Buckinghamshire'.


Acreage: 1367
Population 1801: 647
  1831: 804
  1861: 810

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 32

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Horton (1800) - Ref: IR/43Q [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Horton (1800) - Ref: IR/43Q [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 15/12/2017.