Blewbury lies five miles southwest of Wallingford at the foot of the Downs. The parish included the hamlets and chapelries of Aston Upthorpe and Upton. It is on the main road from Reading to Wantage. The soil is chalk and sand. Approximately half the land was arable, a quarter permanent pasture, and a very small amount woodland including cherry orchards. There was an annual fair.
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.21-22.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 15, 21