Header Graphic

Place-name search - details


Wootton lies four miles northwest of Abingdon. The parish (originally a chapelry of Cumnor) included the hamlet of Boarshill. The soil is sand, clay and limestone. See also Cumnor for details.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.53-55.

Acreage: 1564
Population 1801: 236
  1831: 340
  1861: 384


OS Map Grid Ref(s): 6


Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Wootton (See Cumnor)


[ Back to parish list ]



This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 17/03/2018.