The hamlet of Woolstone was a chapelry in the parish of Uffington, lying on the brow of the White Horse hill, five miles from Faringdon. The soil is strong clay and white gravel, and not very rich. See also Uffington for details.
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) pp.168-170.
OS Map Grid Ref(s): 13, 19
Woolstone (See Uffington)