Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Ruscombe

The small village of Ruscombe lies six miles east of Reading. It is on the main road from Reading to Maidenhead. The soil is mostly gravel, with chalk in the north. Approximately half the land was arable, a third permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), 'Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885' (Reading, 2000) p.127.


Acreage: 1294
Population 1801: 170
  1831: 160
  1861: 264

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 30

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Ruscombe (1832) - Ref: D/P100/26A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Ruscombe (1832) - Ref: D/P100/26B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 14/12/2017.