Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Denchworth

Denchworth lies two and a half miles northwest of Wantage. The parish included part of the hamlet of North Denchworth. The soil is stiff clay. More than half the land was pasture, the remainder arable.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.55-56.


Acreage: 1041
Population 1801: 229
  1831: 213
  1861: 257

 

OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9, 13, 14

 

Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Denchworth (1803) - Ref: Q/RDC/18A [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

Denchworth (1803) - Ref: Q/RDC/18B [ View Image(s) ] [ Search Awards Index ]

 

[ Back to parish list ]

 

 


This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 15/12/2017.