Header Graphic

Place-name search - details

Charney Bassett

The village of Charney Bassett was a chapelry in Longworth parish, three and a half miles south of Longworth, in north Berkshire. The soil is mixed but excellent quality. Half the land was arable, a quarter permanent grass, and a small amount woodland.

Further reading
Wordie, R. (ed.), ‘Enclosure In Berkshire, 1485-1885’ (Reading, 2000) pp.103-105.

Acreage: 1209
Population 1801: 216
  1831: 270
  1861: 241


OS Map Grid Ref(s): 9


Parliamentary Enclosure Maps & Awards

Charney Bassett (See Longworth)


[ Back to parish list ]



This page was printed from the BRO New Landscapes website on 17/03/2018.